vanDijk - Ben's Basics Method for Tenor Trombone with F attachment / Bass Trombone
Publisher of Music for Brass
Cherry Classics Music was established as a publisher of fine music for Brass Instruments in 1999. Presently there are over 1,150 fine arrangements and original compositions for Brass Solo and Brass Ensembles in the catalog from arrangers and composers who are “The Best in the Business”.
Our selections of arrangements for Brass instruments have been chosen to aspire to the highest quality. The music in the Cherry Classics catalog ranges in difficulty from intermediate to very advanced (professional).
Excellent service for our customers is of prime importance. We are always striving to be innovative. We strive to deliver our orders as efficiently time-wise and cost-wise as possible. Therefore, all of our catalog is now available for digital download, allowing our customers immediate access to their music.
Free PDFs and MP3s
We invite you to search our catalog and check out our free PDF and mp3 samples.
Gordon Cherry has been running Cherry Classics for over 20 years. He is a leading professional Trombonist in North America, having performed as Principal Trombonist of the Vancouver Symphony, and the CBC Radio Orchestra. As well, Gordon has taught hundreds of Brass students for over 30 years at the University of British Columbia and many international leading music festivals.
Shipping and Returns
If you have any questions about the music or your order from Cherry Classics please contact Gordon Cherry: Phone or Fax: 604-261-5454 (Pacific Time) Email: gcherry@CherryClassics.com
Our Address:5462 Granville Street Vancouver, B.C. V6M 3C3 CANADA
SATISFACTION 100% GUARANTEED by Cherry Classics Music
If a purchase has been made in error or if you are unhappy with your music from, Cherry Classics , please send an e-mail to info@Cherry-Classics.com and we will correct this error as quickly as possible. If the situation cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, Cherry Classics Music will graciously issue you a refund as long as we are notified within 30 days of your purchase! Credit card purchases will be refunded by credit card and Check purchases will be refunded by Check.
We want you to be happy with your music purchase. Therefore, take 30 days after we ship your order to make sure you are completely satisfied. If for any reason you are not, return any product and we will refund its purchase price. We will also refund shipping costs if the return is due to our error or the product is defective. Credit card purchases will be refunded by credit card credit. Check purchases will be refunded by check.
This new 4th edition of Ben van Dijk's book Ben's Basics - Method for Bass Trombone / Tenor Trombone with F attachment is now available from Cherry Classics Music.
Below are Ben's thoughts about the book, which is a culmination of ideas from his years as one of the great pedagogs of the Trombone.
In this book, I’d like to give you some guidance in various areas of trombone playing. Of course, there are many more topics one could address, but I have focused on three areas in this book.
2. Daily Routines
It is my hope to give you some perspective and direction, but it is definitely not my idea to make you dependent on this book. On the contrary, I hope to encourage you to look for ideas yourself and be as inventive as possible.
Most of my ideas come from many years of playing and teaching combined with all the wonderful contacts I have had with different experts on these matters during my career. It’s a combination of the ideas which have helped me to come to where I am right now. They also have proven to be of value to many of my students. During many of the master classes I have given in the past years, students and colleagues have asked me to write down my ideas and bundle them into a book.
Here are some of the great endorsements Ben has received from major names in the trombone world.
• Bravo Ben! I am so impressed with your new method book....Joseph Alessi, Principal Trombonist, New York Philharmonic
• Congratulations to Ben on a wonderful book....John Engelkes, Bass Trombonist, San Fransicso Symphony
• This is a unique, highly practical work for every serious student of the trombone....Heinz Fadle, Prof. Hochschule für Musik, Detmold, Germany
• I assure you that this book is beneficial not only to the young generations aspiring to be trombone players but also to orchestra players like yourself....Inoue Jumpei, Bass Trombonist, Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra
• ....The exercises are great and the text is very practical and helpful. I'm going to use it myself....Bart van Lier, Jazz soloist and Principal Trombonist of the Metropole Orchestra
• This book is great, not only for bass and tenor trombone players but for brass players in general....Bill Reichenbach, Studio (Jazz) Bass Trombone virtuoso
• ....He has used his artistry and vast experience to create a work of significant importance....Jiggs Whigham, Internationally acclaimed trombonist, band leader, and educator
• Ben van Dijk is one of the great trombone masters of our time....with his new book, he shows himself to be equally adept as an author....Douglas Yeo, Bass Trombonist retired, Boston Symphony Orchestra
This book is also available as an eBook on Amazon Kindle.